Hands up if you’d like to live healthier, happier lives? Full of energy and vitality.
Well it all comes down to your guts and how well you can balance that baby out with good bacteria. Have beautiful support for your immune and digestive systems with healthy gut flora growing happily. Easily said but in a world where we are bombarded with chemicals, toxins and food on the go, it can be hard to maintain good gut health.
Think about the food you put in your mouth – fresh or steamed vegetables, good fats such as avocado, coconut oil and your Omega 3s – hello fish! These will all greatly benefit the work your digestive system is trying to do. Fermented foods also greatly benefit there is also Natto – a little rare to find unless you live in Japan, and very much acquired taste. However you can make your own fermented goodness in the form of sauerkraut, fermented pineapple or kimchi. Relatively easy and will last for months, as a little bit goes a long way. You don’t sit down to a bowl of it instead have it as a condiment to flavour up your meals. A probiotic supplement such as PB Assist will go a long way in helping maintain good health bacteria also. All of my family take this or the junior PB Assist with is a huge hit with the kids. Read more about the importance of a good probiotic and PB Assist here.
Recently I had the privilege to take part in a pineapple fermenting workshop at the local community farm and was delighted to see how simple this process is and delicious. You will see my pineapple jar on the left, and the typical sauerkraut made from red cabbage on the left.
Another very accessible and simple way to support your gut health is via essential oils. Here are my top picks:
With its cooling and reliving effect, peppermint is perfect to inhale or to add a drop into peppermint tea to help settle the tummy. A favourite is also the peppermint beadlets for pop in your mouth on the go support, instant alertness and breathe freshener. Also great in pregnancy for those morning green feelings. During breastfeeding it is cautioned as can lower milk supply.
Used for its benefits since ancient times ginger is great at supporting the immune and digestive systems back to optimal health. Soothing and assisting in digestion, as great to have on hand for those that don’t travel well in cars or boats. Perfect to add to your homemade kimchi or fermented foods. Our fermented pineapple has a healthy dose of ginger and tumeric. Delicious in stir frys, gingerbread, apricot and ginger balls, ginger cookies and especially with a drop with lime in soda water for a refreshing drink.
With its unique chemical composition Cardamom gives both digestive and respiratory support. With its calming soothing effect it can help settle tension and contractions in the digestive tract. Also very calming and relaxing for the airways, a key oil in Easy Air, the key oil for respiratory support as well as my “Cough be gone” blend. It is a hidden gem in the cooking world too, delicious in apple pie, poached pears, chai lattes and banana bread. Would be amazing addition to the Fermented Pineaple too.
What do you like to use as your healthy gut nutrition and support? Love to hear others suggestions.
Here is the recipe for the Pineapple Sauerkraut:
1kg cabbage (rid of core, save outer leaf)
3 tsps Sea Salt
Small Pineapple diced
1 tsp powered tumeric or grate fresh
2-3 drops of Ginger – Doterra Essential Oil
- Shred cabbage finely, place in bowl
- Mix the salt with cabbage, set aside for 10-15min
- Massage the cabbage until it releases its juices
- Mix the diced pineapple, Tumeric and Ginger through well
- Pack into sterilised jar. Place the saved outer leaf on top of the jar with the bump side to the top. To help keep the cabbage and pineapple under the juices. You can weigh down the top of the leaf too with a ceramic disc.
- Leave to ferment on bench for 5- 7 days out of direct sunlight. During fermentation you need to release the gases as they build up by “burping the jars. Not too much air in but just lift lid slighlty.
- Then discard outer cabbage leaf and place in fridge to store.
I’d love to help you get set up with your own essential oils and help guide you along the way. Please feel free to reach out to me via phone / text 0400 228 762 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn How to Become a DōTERRA Member and Save 25-40% on Essential Oils
- Click Join and Save
- Choose your “country” & “language”
- Select “Local” to buy your products from your home country
- Click “Wholesale Customer” to nab yourselves the best price to buy essential oils and option to pick up free product every month! Or if you’d like to share with friends or build your business click on “Wellness Advocate” so you can enjoy the same special prices and promotions plus start replacing your income.
- Put in your contact details, under enroller it should have my ID: 3142540 I’m excited to help guid you along your wellness journey to answer all your qs, provide you with some personalised blends and suggestions, plus gift you a special welcome pack. And if you like can mentor you through the amazing business opportunity too.
- Add the items to your order you’d like to get started with. Most people choose one of the enrolment kits – the “Home Essentials” being most popular with top 10 key oils plus a diffuser. This is where I started. Check out the enrolment kits here. Or you can select individual oils you’re interested in.
- Look forward to your purple box delivery and I will be in touch to help you with your Lifestyle overview.