Cooking some yummies. 👩🍳 Made these simultaneously Apple Slice first as bakes for longer & for the chocolate lovers – peppermint brownies. 🍎Apple Slice with cinnamon, cardamon & lemon. Brownies with Peppermint 🍃
Date Brownies (sugarfree, gluten free)
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 200 g pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 55 g coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/essence
- 6 drops of Doterra Peppermint Essential Oil
- Preheat oven to 160deg
- Add chocolate and baking powder to bowl and grate for 5 seconds on Speed 8.
- Add dates to bowl and mix for 5 seconds on Speed 6
- Add eggs, essential oils, vanilla and oil and mix on Speed 7 for 20 seconds. Check consistency and repeat if necessary.
- Pour into lined square pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until set. Careful not to overcook though, it should still be a little soft in the middle.
Recipe adapted courtesy of the Thermomix recipe see here:
I have tried a few healthy alternative brownie recipes and this is hands down my favourite, yummiest and most simple. Slice up and put an extras in the freezer so not tempted to eat more and have some great school lunch snacks and weekend treats.
This Apple Slice uses only few ingredients, it’s really easy to make (and even easier to eat)!
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup sugar
3 apples, peeled, cored and diced (1cm)
125g butter or margarine
2 drops Cardamon Essential Oil
3 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
Toss apples with self raising flour and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stovetop or in a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in egg. Add in Essential Oils.
Pour butter and egg into the apple mixture and mix until combined.
Spoon into a greased and lined slice tin.
Bake at 180 C for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Keeps for about 3 days.
Bake and Freeze, perfect for school lunches or snacks.